Melba at The Savoy, The Strand

If you're heading to The Savoy for dessert, you're not expecting cheap. We walked in knowing exactly what flavours we were after and walked out with six eclairs in tow and £19 lighter. £19 for six eclairs!! I want to say they were worth every penny, but I'm not sure £19 is ever a justified amount for a small box of eclairs. 


Luckily for my purse and waistline, the box was shared between two people across a couple of days and honestly, it was heavenly. Those 60 seconds spent eating each one was incredible, each tasting exactly as you would expect for the flavour. I can't exactly remember each one in order, but our box was made up of dark chocolate, peach melba, passionfruit and milk chocolate, creme brûlée, salted caramel and one more that I've forgotten. The creme brûlée was a thing of dreams, as was the dark chocolate. The others were super tasty and sweet! The passionfruit was my least favourite and not one to write home about but as far as eclairs go (I've never really branched further than Tesco's own) they were pretty incredible. 

It's a thumbs-up for taste and presentation but the price definitely makes it more of an occasional treat. 

Comments

Popular Posts