Choccywoccydoodah, Soho

Oh my goodness, it's basically a shop made from chocolate. Hidden away on the back streets of Soho, Choccywoccydoodah could well and truly pass for being created by Willy Wonka himself. As you walk in to this dark and dingy building, you're greeted with the most incredible chocolate designs (see below) - all artistically carved and decorated and most of them available to buy. 


While we weren't there to shop, we couldn't resist walking through and admiring their work. Finally pulling ourselves away, we went upstairs to the cafe and took a seat. Now, it isn't the cheapest place for a hot chocolate but they definitely put a lot of thought into their flavours and texture. I ordered the salted caramel hot chocolate and was surprisingly asked if I wanted it white, milk or dark. Opting for dark, we ordered a slice of chocolate orange cake to compliment. 



The presentation is delicious. My drink came with caramel wafers and whipped cream and what could only have been a slab of dark chocolate at the bottom of the cup. Perfectly melted by the time I got to the bottom, I was almost sick while spooning out the pure, runny chocolate. The cake was moist (ewww, I hate that word) and full of flavour! With orange ice-cream, it worked without being overpowering. Luckily, we shared the cake as it was definitely a chocolate overload but my god, it was wonderful. 

If you're in the area, be sure to pop in, even if just for a browse around the shop. Choccywoccydoodah (the most annoying word to write) - it's a thumbs-up from me! I cannot wait to go back. 


Comments

Popular Posts