The Gazette, Multiple Locations

After recently visiting Paris, any French restaurant instantly catches my eye. When I realised there was one just down the road from my house, I had to try it. Opting for a brunch with the hope of some french toast and a carb overload, we walked in, greeted by a bit of a pub feel, and were taken to our table. 

Their brunch menu has some classics, such as eggs Benedict, and more unique dishes like the Full French - both of which we ordered with the continental bread basket on the side. I'm not sure why we thought we could eat all of it, but it was just too tempting. 




The continental basket was the best bit. With fresh bread, croissants and jam, it was perfectly French. The eggs benedict was extremely average - note the 'salad' which was one cube of lettuce with dressing. It looked like something you'd rustle up in your own kitchen, not cooked by a professional chef, and while it tasted okay, it just wasn't stand-out. The Full French was again, just okay. It felt like a weird mix of foods thrown on a plate.The omelette was plain but was complimented with the potatoes and tomatoes and the brie toast was dry and a bit overcooked (and lets face it, it looks weird!). 

Gazette, it's a thumbs-down from me but I may be back for a continental option, maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts